Monday, November 06, 2006

[Fwd: CALPIRG : Go Vote Tomorrow]

Dear Reader,

I, Shurik Shuba, am a member of a California organization Calpirg. My involvement with this organization is a two-stage affair. First, while a student at UC Berkeley, I was approached by Calpirg workers here and there with offers for membership. I declined, saying that the idea is good, but I'm a student now and money is tight, and I will register later, when I'm making bank as a worker.


class="mobile-post">Flash forward a few years, I'm working at Anal----, and while walking to get lunch with a coworker Al----, I'm again approached by some workers/volunteers(?) from Calpirg. This time, I say, yes, I told another one of your crew a few years aback that I'd sign up, and now is the time! I'm a $10/month member (and, I was told I could cancel at any time, though I haven't yet).

Without further ado, here's Steve B's message to me (with some touchups as fit--read my blog on ex-dictator Castro) regarding the November 7th election. By the way, I'm an absentee voter and time is running out, so I've got to hurry, hurry, hurry!

****************************Message follows***

Hi Shurik

After another record breaking year of campaign spending, Election Day will finally be upon us tomorrow. From clean energy alternatives to campaign finance reform, voters will be deciding on a wide variety of high stakes state and local issues. Regardless of your position on any candidate or issue, please GO VOTE TOMORROW!

CALPIRG recommends:

YES on Prop 86 - Tobacco tax for health care programs
YES on Prop 87 - End our addiction to oil
YES on Prop 89 - Get big money out of politics

NO on Measures Q & R (Sacramento County) - Wrong deal for Sacramento

For a more detailed look at the initiatives and CALPIRG's recommendations, please visit http://www.calpirg.org/initiatives

Polls will open across the state tomorrow morning at 7am and will close at 8pm. As long as you are in line by the time the polls close, you have the right to cast your vote.

Absentee ballots must be received by tomorrow, so if haven't mailed your ballot yet, be sure to drop it off in person. You have the right to cast your absentee ballot in any precinct in the county in which you are registered. If you are not listed on the registration rolls, you still have the right to cast a provisional ballot.

You can look up your polling place at http://ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_ppl.htm or call the Secretary of State's toll-free hotline at 1-800-345-VOTE (8683).

For more information about your rights as a voter, visit http://ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_bp.htm

Thanks for voting,

Steve Blackledge
CALPIRG Legislative Director
SteveB at calpirg.org
http://www.calpirg.org

P.S. Thanks again for your support. Please feel free to share this e-mail with your family and friends.

----------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home